Another Philippines inspired picture.
We were traveling from one city to another and supposed to be catching a night ferry. When we got to the port, though, the ferry was full so alternative travel arragements were made then and there...
1. Cram into a packed jeepney and drive for maybe 45 mins through CRAZY rain and thunderstorm.
2. Board smaller cargo style ferry. Ride for 3ish hours.
3. Take tricycle to bus station. Arrive maybe 10:30ish.
4. Discover the next bus doesn't leave until 1am.
5. Hang around bus station drinking red wine.
6. Get on crowded air-conditionless bus. Notice numerous boxes filling up the back seats. Realise chickens/roosters are inside the boxes.
7. Try to relax/sleep/enjoy journey.
None of that is really too bad. It obviously wasn't what we expected but we were all making the best of it. But at maybe 3am, the bus stopped at an intersection and outside somewhere a lone rooster crowed. Instantly, ALL the chickens/roosters in the bus also started crowing. This was hilarious until we realised they weren't going to stop. And they didn't! They cock-a-doodle-dooed for HOURS. Needless to say, we were all tired, frustrated and not in the most cheery mood when we FINALLY reached our destination. It was the worst bus ride I'd ever had. But as bad as it was at the time, it's probably one of my favourite memories, too.